Please note that these rules are only in draft format and are subject to change before being finalised and a motion proposed to the membership to accept these rules at the first AGM
You can view the rules of the DRSG in PDF format by clicking here
DONCASTER ROVERS SUPPORTERS GROUP
Rules and Constitution of the Doncaster Rovers Supporter Group
To be proposed at the First AGM
The name of the organisation shall be the Doncaster Rovers Supporters Group, hereafter referred to as DRSG.
The objects of DRSG shall be to:
(A) Represent and campaign on behalf of Doncaster Rovers supporters, on issues decided by the AGM and/or the committee of the Association
(B) Establish and maintain channels of communication with the Directors and Management of Doncaster Rovers Football Club
(C) Promote, maintain and value the history of Doncaster Rovers Football Club
(D) Encourage the Directors and Management of Doncaster Rovers Football Club to appreciate, welcome and value the support and participation of all Rovers fans, and ensure that equal opportunities are promoted for all supporters
(E) Increase the opportunities for Rovers supporters to express their active support of the
(F) Promote and advance the views of DRSG to Doncaster Rovers Football Club; to football authorities with the UK; to government at all levels; and to other appropriate organisations
(G) Affiliate to appropriate supporters’ associations
(H) Make charitable donations as appropriate
(A) Membership of DRSG shall be available free of charge to all Doncaster Rovers supporters
(B) Applications shall be made on designated forms and will include a statement agreeing to accept and abide by these rules. This will include any application made online.
(C) Any future membership fees, including life membership shall be determined by the committee, but must be confirmed by vote of members at the following Annual General Meeting (AGM).
(D) Any application will be subject to the Committee’s endorsement.
(E) Should the committee reject an application the applicant shall be duly notified and have the right of appeal to the next committee meeting
(F) All members are entitled to attend and fully participate and vote at the AGM and any
EGM or postal ballot.
(G) Members may attend and participate in Committee meetings at the discretion of the chair of the meeting (and having made prior written notice of wishing to attend the meeting).
(H) Any member infringing these rules, and/or bringing DRSG into disrepute, shall render themselves liable to expulsion. A member may be suspended, and recommended for expulsion, by a majority vote of the Committee but shall not be expelled until s/he has received a full hearing before a disciplinary panel established by the Committee. The member shall have a full opportunity to any all allegations against her/him before a
decision on expulsion is taken by the panel. Any member expelled shall have the right of appeal to the following AGM.
(I) Members’ personal details shall be securely stored in documentary are/or electronic form and shall not be passed to a third party without the member’s written consent, unless there is a legal requirement for DRSG to do so.
(J) Membership records will be held by the secretary, on behalf of DRSG, and shall be available to all members of the committee.
(K) All members have to the right to view their details held on record by DRSG, to do this members must make a request to the secretary.
(L) Access to the DRSG online forum is for members only.
4. OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE ELECTIONS
(A) The period of office for Officers and other Committee members shall be from the conclusion of the AGM at which the Committee is declared as elected to the conclusion of the AGM the following year.
(B) All officers shall be the members of the Committee with full voting rights. In addition there shall be elected at the AGM delegates to other bodies and a maximum of ten other Committee members, all of whom shall have full voting rights.
(C) All members shall be entitled for stand for election for any Officers of Committee member position.
(D) The Committee shall be entitled to co-opt members to the Committee and shall ensure such co-options are reported to the next AGM
(E) The Committee shall be entitled to fill any casual vacancy occurring during the year and shall ensure any such co-options are reported to the next AGM.
The Officers of DRSG shall be the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Webmaster
The Officers shall collectively take decisions and actions on matters between AGM and Committee meetings, such as public statements and attendance at meetings. Normal duties of the Officers shall include:
(A) Chair and Vice-Chair
- The Chair shall chair all DRSG meetings at which s/he is present.
- In her/his absence the Vice-Chair shall take the chair. In the absence of both the Chair and Vice-Chair the meeting shall appoint a chair from amongst its number.
- It is the duty of the chair of the Committee meetings to ensure all views of those present are heard at the meeting.
- In the event of a tie the chair of all meetings shall have an additional casting vote.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for circulating an agenda and relevant papers to those present at Committee meetings prior to the commencement of the meeting.
- The Secretary shall produce draft minutes of the Committee meetings, to be agreed as accurate, subject to any amendments by the Committee
- The Secretary shall convene the AGM on a date agreed by the Committee and will make all arrangements for the meeting, including arranging an appropriate venue and providing an agenda for the meeting.
- The secretary shall arrange to publicise Committee Meetings to all members.
- The Secretary shall arrange for DRSG application forms to be available on request, and will circulate forms as widely as possible to Doncaster Rovers supporters.
- The Secretary shall maintain DRSG’s membership database, together with all membership records.
- The Treasurer shall ensure that adequate financial records are kept and shall be responsible for the proper administration of the DRSG’s financial affairs.
- The Treasurer will be responsible for ensuring that DRSG’s funds are maintained in an DRSG accounts as decided from time to time by the DRSG committee. Withdrawals from the account shall be by authorised signature of at least two Officers.
- The Treasurer shall submit a statement of balances, and an income and expenditure account, to the AGM in the year following that which the accounts relate.
- The Treasurer shall supply full records of DRSG’s financial transactions and a statement of balances and an income and expenditure accounts to an elected auditor at the end of the financial year. The financial year of DRSG shall be 1 July to 30 June.
- DRSG’s accounts shall be maintained by the Treasurer, on behalf of the Committee.
- The Webmaster shall be responsible for maintaining and updating the DRSG website
- The Webmaster will also run and moderate the online forum on behalf of the Committee.
- Any member (whether an officer or not) can volunteer to be a moderator of the online forum, subjective to approval by the Webmaster and other forum moderators.
6. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
(A) The Secretary shall ensure that all members are sent notification of the date, time, place and agenda for the AGM not less than fourteen days before it is due to take place.
(B) The Secretary shall ensure that copies of the Minutes of the previous AGM and the DRSG
Annual Report are available at the AGM.
(C) The Annual Report shall contain statements on their work during the year from the
Officers and committee members.
(D) The Treasurer will be responsible for ensuring that a balance sheet and an income and expenditure account is provided in writing to the AGM in the year following that to which the accounts relate.
(E) The quorum for the AGM shall be ten members.
(F) Should the AGM not be quorate thirty minutes after the published starting time the meeting shall be adjourned to a date not more than two months after the inquorate meeting. All members shall be notified of the new date by the Secretary.
7. COMMITTEE MEETINGS
(A) The Committee shall consist of all Officers and Committee members, whether elected at the AGM, or subsequently co-opted.
(B) At least four Committee Meetings shall be held each year, at a venue as close as possible to the Keepmoat Stadium
(C) DRSG policy shall be determined at Committee Meetings, subject to ratification at the next Annual General Meeting.
(D) The Committee can, by majority vote, decide to hold a postal ballot of members on any matter is so decides. The result of any postal ballot shall be binding on the Committee, and may only be changes by the decision of the AGM or an EGM.
(E) In cases of urgency the Officer may decide policy by majority decision, and shall report all such decisions to the next Committee meeting.
(F) The quorum for Committee meetings shall be 3 elected member of the Committee, one of whom must be an Officer.
(G) It is the duty of all Officers present to ensure the views of members not present but communicated to the officer prior to the meeting are reported accordingly.
(H) All Committee members shall be entitled to vote on all matters before the Committee.
The chair of the meeting shall have an additional vote in the event of a tie. Votes will normally be by an open show of hands. A secret ballot will be held if requested by at least one-third of the Committee members present.
(I) The Committee shall strive to ensure that DRSG’s structures, meetings, communications and mechanism policies respect and promote the concept of equal opportunities.
(J) The Committee shall establish such sub-committees as it considers necessary. Each sub-committee shall appoint a Committee member as chair, to report on the activities and decisions of the sub-committee. Sub-committees decisions must be endorsed by Committee meetings before they are acted upon.
(K) The Committee shall establish or support charitable trusts, associations or institutions in line with the objects of DRSG
(L) The Committee has the power to do all such lawful things as are necessary for the achievement of the objects.
(M) Minutes shall be kept of all decisions taken by the Committee, to be agreed at the following Committee meeting, following which they shall be available to members on request.
8. EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETINGS
An EGM may be called:
(A) By resolution of the majority of the Committee, or
(B) By members constituting at least 10% of the total number of members submitting written notice to the Secretary of their desire for such a meeting.
(C) The Secretary shall convene an EGM within six weeks of receipt of such a requisition unless agreed otherwise with the requisitioners. The Secretary shall send notice of and the agenda for the EGM to all supporting members not less than seven days before the date of the EGM. (D) The quorum at EGMs shall be twenty members.
(E) With the exception of dissolution (see below), resolutions may be passed at an EGM with approval of a majority of members present, provided the meeting is quorate.
9. AMENDMENTS TO THESE RULES
(A) Amendments to these rules may be proposed by the Committee or by any member.
(B) Any proposed amendment from a member to these rules shall be submitted to the
Secretary in writing not less than seven days prior to the date of the AGM or EGM called for the purpose.
(C) An amendment to these Rules shall require a two-thirds majority of members present at the AGM or EGM.
(A) A motion to dissolve the DRSG shall only be considered at an AGM or EGM of which all members have received at least four weeks written notice. The notice of the meeting shall contain the motion to dissolve the association. A motion to dissolve DRSG may be proposed by the Committee or by a proposal signed by 10% of members.
(B) To dissolve DRSG three-quarters of the members present must vote in favour of a resolution proposing dissolution.
(C) On the dissolution of the organisation, once any debts have been settled, any outstanding monies or property of the association shall be given to an organisation with similar aims and objectives. The beneficiary organisation shall be decided by the Committee.
(D) It will be the responsibility of the forum Officers of DRSG to dissolve the organisation in line with the wishes expressed at the General Meeting.
THESE RULES WILL BE BINDING ON THE ORGANISATION AFTER THE FIRST AGM ONCE A
RESOLUTION HAS BEEN PASSED TO ACCEPT THESE AS THE RULES OF THE SOCIETY. THE
FIRST ELECTED COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND OFFICERS OF DRSG SHOULD SIGN BELOW TO ACCEPT THESE RULES ON BEHALF OF THE DONCASTER ROVERS SUPPORTERS GROUP.
Chair: _______________________________ Secretary_________________________________